CIS Tax Refund and Tax Return


Self-employed in the Construction Industry (CIS)

If you are self-employed and paid through the CIS scheme, working and traveling to different building sites, for small or large contractors or working offshore on oil rigs and platforms, there’s every chance you will be owed tax back via CIS tax refunds or a CIS tax rebate.

How easy will it be to claim a CIS Tax Refund?

Bettertax have developed their self-assessment tax return and CIS tax refund service working closely with tradesmen and HMRC. Just one phone call can assess your eligibility. We’ll send a registration pack to you for completion and return in the freepost envelope.

The majority of our CIS clients enjoy a tax refund. We know exactly what you can and can’t claim for so maximising the amount of your tax rebate. It's possible to claim back tax up to four years which on average sees a CIS tax rebate of £2500 !

How long does it take to get a CIS Tax Refund?

From submitting your signed registration forms to payout can take as little as 6 weeks.

Why choose Bettertax?

Having been thoroughly vetted by HMRC in 2013, Bettertax not only deliver excellent customer service but our tax return service is also considered “low risk” by HMRC, which in turn offers better security for our clients’ tax refund claims or self-assessment tax returns than other tax agencies.

What are your charges?



If you work under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) you are legally obliged to complete a tax return. Our fee is £99.99 plus 15% of the tax refund we’re able to obtain for each tax year we complete. Fee is subject to VAT.




Read more in our Tax Returns FAQs or simply call 01280 821020 and ask, or click the “Start Your Tax Refund” button below.



★★★★★ has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 549 customer reviews on Freeindex. We're No.1 out of 3852 Accountants in the UK.



start your self-assessment tax return

We use cookies to make your experience easier.